Tools and strategies to help your child reach their full communication potential.
The Hanen More Than Words program is specifically designed for parents of children aged 5 and under on the autism spectrum and with other social communication difficulties.
By focussing on your natural, day-to-day life with your child, this program will help you discover how to take everyday activities like meal time, story time and bath time, and use them to help your child reach the following three goals:
- Improved social communication and back-and-forth interactions
- Improved play skills
- Improved imitation skills
The program is NDIS approved, and will help you discover:
- What motivates your child to communicate
- How to use your knowledge about your child to set appropriate and realistic goals
- How to make interactions with your child last longer
- Tips for using pictures and print to help your child’s understanding
- Strategies for how to talk so that your child understands you
- Strategies for developing your child’s play skills
- Ways to help your child make friends