Practical strategies you can use to help your child develop language skills.
The Hanen It Takes Two to Talk program is now online and will provide you with practical and applicable skills to help you become your child’s most important language teacher.
Designed specifically to empower parents, this program is ideal for those who have noticed their children are not yet using as many words as they should be, or if their children are struggling with understanding and using language.
You’ll discover simple things you can do during everyday activities like meal time, story time and bath time to create enjoyable learning opportunities for your child.
The program is NDIS approved, and will show you how to:
- Recognise your child’s stage and style of communication so that you know which steps to take next
- Identify what motivates your child to interact with you so you’ll know how to get conversations started
- Adjust everyday routines to help your child take turns and keep interactions going
- Follow your child’s lead to build their confidence and encourage them to communicate
- Add language to interactions with your child to help them understand language and then use it when they are ready
- Tweak the way you play and read books with your child to help them learn language
- Change the way you speak to your child so that they will understand and learn new words