Growing your understanding of the needs and goals of your child during their therapy is a key component when it comes to achieving the best outcomes. By implementing speech pathology services that are anchored in coaching and empowering you to help your child, our dedicated speech pathologists offer parent training with every therapy session.
Because we are passionate about sharing our knowledge with families and the broader community, in addition to one-on-one education, we are proud to offer practical and interactive workshops for parents, carers and clinicians. These workshops can be tailored to your specific needs and will provide you with the tools to understand and support your child as they grow and develop.
Our team of speech pathologists are certified to run the following workshops within our clinic, a childcare centre, school or community setting:
- It Takes Two to Talk™ – The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children with Language Delays
- Learning Language and Loving It™ – The Hanen Program® for Early Childhood Educators and the Teacher Talk™ series
- Target Word™ – The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children who are Late Talkers
- More Than Words™ – The Hanen Program® for Parents of Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder or Social Communication Difficulties
- Parents as Case Coordinators (PaCC) – for Parents of children aged 0-8 years with a disability
We can also deliver the following interactive workshops, designed to give parents, carers and educators specific skills to recognise signs of difficulty and support the development and growth of their children:
- Introducing and using visuals at home and in education settings
- Getting ready for big school (an introduction to school readiness)
- How to write and use social stories effectively
- Managing challenging behaviour using communication strategies
- Communication milestones (what to expect) at different ages
- A new parent’s guide to speech pathology- what to expect about feeding and communication
Please contact us for more information and the latest calendar of events.